Monday, July 14, 2003

Thoughts from the road

I drove east from Indiana into Ohio yesterday afternoon. If I were cool like my friends I'd blog from the road on my phone (yeah, that'd be safe). But I'm not (cool, that is--I'm safe enough I suppose), I got home too late to type on my laptop and I'll share the random thoughts that remain some 24 hours later.

  • The new Indiana license plates really are bad. Downright atrocious. It pleases me that Ohio's tags at least complement my car.
  • The District of Columbia's plates say "Taxation Without Representation" on the bottom. I never knew that. Seems awfully cheeky for what is fundamentally a government issued document. But I like cheeky.
  • Countless cars (ok, about 5) passed me yesterday fitting this description: Guy driving. Windows down. [female friend / girlfriend / wife] reclined in the passenger seat with feet up on the dash or hanging out the window. Inexplicably I find this endearing. It made me smile every time.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home