Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Things that perturb me

  • Losing my lip-balm. I hate losing things. I just hope it's not in my (nearly always) pristine car. My poor carpet.
  • When I got to work Monday morning my application's database wasn't connecting. So I emailed the database administrator asking what was up. "Well, our server crashed and we lost all the databases. But we'll recover it from backup by the afternoon." Shew, ok. A while later I get email saying that, for some unknown reason, my database wasn't on the backup schedule. So I've spent all week rebuilding what took me six weeks to create in the first place.
  • Monday night I got home planning to be all productive and mow my grass. I ran out of gas halfway through (and of course had none in my can in the garage).
  • My photo lab closed their local branch. And I'm still boycotting Target since they stopped provided matte prints. Middletown loses one more transaction of mine to a store down in West Chester or Cincinnati.


    Things that please me

  • Finally relenting and hiring someone to cut my grass. It's just not my gig. No letters from Middletown this year!
  • Getting dismissed from class before 9pm two nights in a row.
  • Driving into a cerulean horizon with the sun in my rearview mirror on a perfect Sunday afternoon.
  • Spring sweaters at Banana Republic on clearance for $10.


    (Based upon their respective lengths, I complain much better than I rejoice.)

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home