Friday, January 31, 2003

Back down to earth

The other night I got my first homework assignment back in my macro-economics class. As the professor was returning papers I got a quick episode of palpitations: what if I left in a stupid spelling error? What about that one question where I pretty much made up an answer? What if I don't actually understand this stuff as much as I think I do?

Then he called out my name, "Brian Sh....Sh....uhhh, Brian?"

Yeah, that's me.

Fifteen of fifteen. Sweet. My spirit soared.

But my subconcious was at the ready (as always) and I quickly struck down my rising self-esteem. I told myself that this is a freshman level business class at a commuter college. Not that I think that highly of myself, but if I can't BS my way through this then I'm sorely lacking in some critical life-skills. (OK, yes, I probably do think too highly of myself, but we can work on that some other day.)

Oh, but for a moment there I was so self-content.

I like those moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home