Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Random thoughts

I've been wondering who reads this thing. I look at the stats that I can see and the number of visitors, albeit small, is still surprising. I don't know who this mass of people is, but I know how to make them go away. Stop posting. They're staying away in droves, now. What were small numbers are now smaller.

You can't trust me anymore. I just thought I'd forewarn you.

For some reason I am a jagged bundle of nerves this week. I think it's a combination of sleep deprivation, a bad season of life, and a too-busy weekend--one birthday party, two plays, one acoustic concert and a houseguest that pretty much ensured conversation into the late, late nights...uhhh, early, early mornings).

Since several people have asked (who would only have known from here): no, I'm not dating the girl I mentioned below. We had three dates. Three nice, well, OK dates. I didn't know that you had to have the "break-up" conversation after three dates. But apparently you do. I've never really had to do that before, so I'm chalking it up to yet another one of life's experiences that I'm a better person for going through.

The older I get the more ridiculous Valentine's Day seems.

I'm reading Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle. My brain keeps flirting with trying to compare her notes on "self-image", particular her allusions to children at play, to Ayn Rand's Howard Roark in Fountainhead. There probably isn't really anything there, but it's what she made me think of.

Not that I'm watching (ahem), but I think Joe will pick Sarah.

I started working for a new client, and I drive to that building now. So I've been taking the stairs (because the elevator is painfully slow). I'm sad to realize how out of stair-climbing shape I am. I'm hoping (against hope) that there is some other kind of shape that I am actually in and it's just a lack of proper cross-training.

Yes, at heart I'm an optimist.

Working at this client has also curtailed my business-hours web-surfing. When I'm outside the safe confines of my home office I'm hyper-aware that my behavior, even web-browsing behavior, is probably being watched. So, no reading and posting for me until I get home--which is usually way-late and I'm well into a brain-fried state.

But I'm redoubling my effort. Expect more frequent, if uneventful, late-night "random thoughts" posts like this.

(I want a bumper sticker that says "Don't trust anyone over 30." Nobody ever gets that joke about me not being trustworthy. That saying must be before everyone elses time.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home