Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Things that are on my mind today

My fortune from dinner last Thursday reads You will be successful in business and married life. Seems appropriate as I was sitting there studying my economics textbook after my group failed to show. It would have been even more ironic had I been studying after being stood up by a date.

When someone at work says "did you get your hair cut?" and you did, but it was over a week ago, what does that mean?

How peculiar is this behavior? Last night I was flipping channels for background noise as I study and come across one of my all-time favorite movies (High Fidelity) on the Comedy Channel. This is a movie I can nearly quote word for word, but I watch it anyway (I own it, for goodness sake). But soon impatience kicks in and I end up watching it on DVD instead just to eliminate the commercials.

I had a conversation with a girl in the college bookstore last week (I think she might have been flirting with me, but I'm so out of touch who can tell?). She was expressing her disdain for a specific class/textbook. The subject? Visual Basic. So I started to extol the virtues of VB skills. I'm pretty sure I combined the terms "Visual Basic" and "lucrative" in one sentence. And today I'm thinking "why do I continue to do this crap? Is it too late to join the Peace Corps?"

Why can't I will myself to realize that you spell sentence "sentence" and not "sentance"?

Quote from the wrapper of a Dove dark chocolate I just enjoyed: Friends love the person you were and the one you've become. How do they know? Maybe my past is a mystery and the story I purport is a well-orchestrated facade...

My friend sent me this link and this one too and asked me what I thought. But my mind is too jumbled to formulate a rational response.

Speaking of rational, my economics instructors keep bandying about the phrase "rational self-interest." My experience is limited, to be sure, but I think expecting even that of human beings is a bit much.

I'm thinking I should work now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home