Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Planning ahead...

One year from today I'll be braving the likely crappy weather at Kill Devil Hill, North Carolina to watch the recreation of the Wright brothers first flight. I'm excited already. My goal, years ago, was to fly myself into the festivities. I'm not so sure that's going to happen, but it'll be fun to be there with my family nonetheless.

I can't add any historical perspective that hasn't already been typed. It makes me think of my grandfather, though. Living from 1898 - 1984, sometimes I just ponder the new things he saw in his lifetime. Airplanes, space trips, plastic, fast food, the atom bomb, the rise and fall of drive-in theaters, caffeine-free coffee and sugarless gum.

Truly amazing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home