Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Talking to actual real people

I was standing in Kroger last night trying to figure out which line to pick. Some individuals are blessed, upon their birth, with the "gift of choosing the right line." I was not. If I pick the shortest line then the credit card machine will have broken. If I pick the cashier who is working most quickly then he'll leave for a break. If I pick the cutest customer to stand behind she'll be wearing a wedding ring.

I just cannot win.

But, I have a new plan.

Pick the most talktive cashier.

This way, in this world of drive-through Starbucks and pay at the pump gas stations, on the rare occasions that I buy groceries (bananas, milk, cereal, frozen pizza) I'll get a solid ten seconds of actual human interaction.

It's my little gift to this world and this world's little gift to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home