Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Trying to keep my promises

The description of my own blog caught my eye. Why, when I set it up, did I say "maybe a recipe?"

I thought it was funny. Since a bowl of frosted flakes or grilled cheese sandwiches constitute "cooking" in my household it's quite a disjointed idea to think I'll be throwing out recipes like I'm Julia Childs or someone.

But, since I'm feeling festive and in the holiday spirit:

Peppermint Ice Cream

Ingredients:

2 cups of whipping cream (and they conveniently come in half-pint containers, and half a pint equals one cup if you don't know your equivalencies :-)
2 cups of half-and-half
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
½ cup of crushed peppermint candies (like Brach's Star Brites)

Combine all ingredients except the peppermint candy into your ice cream cannister. Freeze according to your ice cream maker's directions. In mine it takes about thirty minutes. When the ice cream reaches a consistency where it pulls off the sides as the paddle turns sprinkle in the crushed candy. Once the candy is turned through the ice cream then move the ice cream into another container for freezing (a Tupperware or Rubbermaid covered bowl works well). Let freeze in your freezer overnight.

This will freeze up to just under half a gallon of ice cream. Call it 6-7 cups.

There you go. A recipe by Brian.

(Oh, yeah....one more thing. Drizzle it w/ chocolate syrup when you eat it. You'll thank me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home