Friday, December 26, 2003

Coming out of the cold

It's brutal out there. I show up at a church in Indy and a friend chides me for not posting enough recently. And my good friends, people who I see regularly or who spend a weekend at my house? They can be brutal.

Yes. I've been quiet. I just don't have many good, public thoughts lately. Hopefully it will change. It may not. Either way, don't panic.

I left work today at lunchtime to track down a sandwich. I started at the deli upstairs: closed. So I grabbed my coat and ventured out. Innocuous Christmas music was being piped into the skywalk area, the itinerant sax player was wailing on Christmas tunes, and Jersey Mike's was playing a Christmas mix.

I stepped out the door to a panhandler holding a bucket and wishing everybody "Happy Kwanzaa" with as much enthusiasm as you can imagine. As I walked back across Fountain Square Rock Bottom was blaring AC/DCs "You Shook Me All Night Long."

I don't know why, but the whole miniature lunchtime journey had me laughing out loud by the time I returned to my desk. This world, this crazy world is so fun just to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home