Thursday, October 30, 2003

Wanderlust

I took the GMAT back in August. Frankly, my results disappointed me. I did OK on the verbal section, but my math skills have declined since college.

But I guess I did well enough. Nearly every day my mailbox is filled with a thick envelope inviting me to come study at a college far, far away. Chicago. Pennsylvania. Michigan. Yesterday it was Boston College. I've never been to Boston, but it seems nice.

And then the reverie begins...I could sell my house, quit my job, jaunt off east for school for a couple years. I could envelop myself in more school debt than I ever accumulated as an undergrad. Maybe I could pick up that bartending job that's always slightly intrigued me.

I've learned how to respond to these things, though.

You toss the envelope in the garbage without even opening it.

And under no circumstances do you think about the millions of trees that get killed so that schools can send this stuff out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home