Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Being a passenger is fun

Recently I've been flying fairly regularly. But today I was taken flying. A coworker of mine is in a partnership with a Beech Musketeer. They've recently sold their Musketeer into a flying club that has a Cessna 206 (and something else). So when he asked me if I wanted to go flying in the 206 during lunch I was all over it.

It was a quick flight out of Blue Ash, up over Kings Island, back to land on 24 (is that right? I don't fly into Blue Ash much...). Compared to the Cessna 152 that I'm current in, that 206 is huge. Six seats (instead of two), 280 hp (instead of 115hp). It climbed like crazy--unbelievably quick. We were at pattern altitude before turning crosswind. And then it was fun just looking around, trying to find houses, keep my bearings. It was nice to keep my feel off the pedals and just enjoy the whole scenario.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home