Friday, October 24, 2003

I like it when life works out (or seems to)

Last week was test week with tests in both my Finance class and my Operations Management class.

The coinciding of schedules was challenging and unnerving enough, but I did terribly on my first Finance test--about 71%. And I thought I did well! The fact that I need a B in the class for my company to reimburse me is always following my thoughts about grades. So. I studied hard for my Finance test. And got a 108%, bringing my class average up to a 94 (each test is progressively weighted more--which is weird, but really going to help me out I think).

Success #1.

Earlier this week I was operating solely on adrenaline when I procured a genuine date for next week. By genuine I mean no goofy online beginning, no strange progressive dating introduction, but a legitimate "friend of a friend" who I've met and seen before. Even some of my friends have met and seen her before.

But still--that whole context of calling up someone for the first time, asking them out--I find it unnerving.

My friend gave me good advice: I was confessing my nerves and was told "yell 'HUAH!' and then just dial the phone."

So I did.

Success #2.

And--finally--I've won free Cokes from their current cap promotion three straight times.

Success #3.

With this kind of roll, I should head to Vegas, baby!

I'm reminded of Oscar Wilde's quip: "The God's punish us by answering our prayers" (or something like that).

Whenever I get giddy I'm afraid the other shoe is going to drop...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home