Sunday, May 23, 2004

Can you fly this thing?

Well, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Hello, all. I have so many stories to tell, but no time or energy. The weekend was jam-packed.

I am the proud owner of N21TM. She's safely parked at the Butler County Airport.

I'm safely parked on my couch.

This is a weekend of firsts. It's my first flight-time in a homebuilt aircraft. My first flight-time in a low-wing aircraft. My first foray into airplane ownership. My first cross-country flying since 1998.

It was a busy, exhausting weekend.

But all's well that end's well.

I made an unexpected stop Saturday night and walked several miles from the airport to a hotel. I struggled with radio problems all day as I flew home (but I think I was able to finally troubleshoot them on my last leg). I flew through rain and learned how fun it is to have an airplane that drags old airport codgers out of the shadows to ask "What is that? It looks like you left your Bonanza in the dryer too long."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home