Monday, April 26, 2004

Chasing and being chased

(yep, rapid fire posts. I've been writing in my head. I just never want to type it when I'm at my computer.)

The imagery of God chasing us is often used. I often use it. God chasing me, me chasing God.

I believe that it's true, God pursues us and our hearts are naturally inclined to pursue God (even if that natural inclination is latent and easily overwhelmed).

I believe this.

I just don't feel it.

I don't feel chased by God. God feels quiet to me right now. The ocean is calm. The tide is out.

I don't know that this is a bad thing.

But I used these words in prayer before my church Sunday morning. I'm saying them out of habit but in the back of my mind I'm questioning myself. Little whispers of "are you praying truth? Are you speaking out of your own life right now?"

I don't feel chased by God.

Perhaps this means that for once I'm not running. Perhaps I'm safe in close communion.

But I'm not sure that's how I feel, either?

(Does how I "feel" have much to do with anything? Perhaps not...)

This God and me....I think we're in a "live and let live" phase right now. It's wait and see.

I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home