Thursday, May 20, 2004

Weekend travel


My dad and I are leaving bright and early in the morning for Georgia.

If all goes as planned I'll be bringing home my new toy this weekend. Yes, it's that gawky looking plane on the right (and, no, that's not me sitting in the pilot's seat).

I cannot describe how excited I am. From early childhood I've dreamt of earning my pilot's license and owning a plane. I've been a pilot now for seven years or so, but always fettered by rental agreements. It's wonderful imagining the freedom to fly places over the weekend, stay overnight and not have to worry about minimum rental times or returning before my rental reservation runs out.

Besides, the flight from Millen, GA up to my home base will be the longest flight I've ever undertaken. That's something to get excited about by itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home