Sunday, January 30, 2005

Our Journey

"It's kind of fun to attempt to do the impossible."

-Walt Disney

The Journey: A Church Community

This is the name of our church plant. I love this type of connection because the notions of faith and journey are inextricably linked in my life and my own story.

And that brings me to a link I want to share with you: www.epicreality.com. This is the companion website to a little book by John Eldridge called Epic. I often get nervous when I start recommending every book by a particular author...but I've done that with Eldridge. Somehow I think he just "gets" some things about spiritual life that others miss. In particular he paints a picture of Christian life of actually being an experience of LIFE--not just laws, rules, suppression and an utter lack of human spirit.

There is much on his website and in his little book that echoes our own story, and our own epic journey.

The Journey: A Church Community.

I'm generally a late adopter--but it's growing on me. Quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home