Thursday, January 02, 2003

New Year Resolutions

Well, the first one is to grow my thumbnails. Of course, this is much more difficult to do than it sounds. You see, I have this nasty habit of biting my fingernails. Except that by "biting my fingernails" I really mean "gnawing and shredding my fingernails, cuticles, and quick." I really should invest in whoever makes Target brand band-aids. Anyway...

A little more than a year ago I sold my thumbs to the devil in a deal that went down like this: they'd bear the brunt of of my affliction but my fingers were off limits.

And good God-almighty it worked. I've got eight little slivers of white on the tips of my fingers and I've justified my ownership of fingernail clippers for the first time ever. My thumbs, as you would imagine, are continually on the brink of bleeding, if not actually doing so.

This is the year I break the habit for once and for all. I hereby resolve to:
-grow my thumbnails
-visit a new state (for me, that is. I don't think the United States will be adding any for a while)
-visit a new country (as long as they have McDonalds)
-actually write something that resembles "substance" (hoping against hope)
-host more visitors in my house (maybe mowing my grass would make people feel more welcome?)
-pay off my car (you know, the warranty won't last forever)
-renew my pilots license (you can never have too many expensive hobbies)
-get straight A's for the first time in my life (I'm refusing to acknowledge that only taking two courses at a time is an advantage)
-paint the bedroom in my house that still has teddy-bear wallpaper on it from the previous owners (even though I rather like the mint-green motif)
-mail Christmas cards (it's the right thing to do)
-see a play in Cincinnati (I saw plays in Indianapolis and Chicago, but not my adopted hometown)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home